Filipino Women's Club of San Luis Obispo County Officers, 1965-1967

Dublin Core

Title

Filipino Women's Club of San Luis Obispo County Officers, 1965-1967

Description

The Filipino Women's Club was organized in 1955. The 1965 installation of new officers is pictured. The club is still active in 2013. Pictured from left to right: Lily Camba (President), Pat Casil (Vice President), Lu Tira (Secretary), Puring de Vera (Treasurer), Board Members: Crispina de Vera (Auditor), Aquilina Penida (Sergeant at Arms), Trinidad Villador (outgoing President and advisor), Lucille Lor (Assistant Secretary). The club sponsors a yearly luau to raise scholarships for graduating seniors at four different high schools: Arroyo Grande High School, San Luis Obispo High School, Nipomo High School, and Morro Bay High School. The Luau started around 1989, when Lor became President.

Coverage

American Legion Hall, Arroyo Grande, California

Date

1964

Contributor

Lucille Lor

Format

Black and white photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

USA-CA-08292012-A0001-002

Files

Citation

“Filipino Women's Club of San Luis Obispo County Officers, 1965-1967,” The Re/Collecting Project , accessed December 14, 2017, http://reco.calpoly.edu/items/show/1843.

Back to top